Torch Browser is a buggy and corrupt application that tends to be an alternative of Firefox and Google Chrome. But once installed Torch Browser, you may experience several problems including slow computer speed, frequent system crashes, unwanted adverts etc. It is advised to use a better and trusted software instead of Torch Browser program. Whats more, after installation, you may find it difficult to uninstall Torch Browser malware because it protects its files from being deleted or removed. You may need some special tricks/manual method to get rid of Torch Browser virus.
Disadvantages and risks of having Torch Browser:
- It may change & corrupt default settings of browsers like Firefox, Chrome or Internet explorer
- Changes home page and displays unwanted pop-ups advertisements
- Causes frequent web redirects to wrong websites, hijacks search engine settings and leads to unexpected webpages
- Keeps record of browsing activities and interests
- Collects Personal user information which may include sensitive financial data such as logins, usernames, accounts
- It may bring further infections are direct the user to infectious sites
- Makes the browser run slow, uses a big part of system resources
Still Spyware Torch Browser lurking in the system? Remove manually
Stop processes of this malware:
Open Task Manager to stop processes.
Remove associated registry settings:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
Delete Torch Browser infected files:
Have you tried methods above but still malware not removed? Then try Restoring your computer to an earlier state.
Click Start menu > All Programs > System Tools > System Restore
Start menu > Backup and Recover > Recover System
Torch Browser virus removal tool
Alternatively, you are advised to use the removal tool below to get rid of this malware infection.
Malware Bytes antimalware