The Softango virus is actually a corrupt and harmful software application that offers a number of services such as video conversions. Therefor many users get interested and install it. But once added to your computer, the Softango malware will start causing harms to your PC. Usually it spreads SPAM, hijacks your browser and redirects you to www.Softango.com or other unwanted websites. The Softango malware can even collect your personal information for attackers too.
Symptoms and risks of being infected by Softango
- Mainly it enters into your computer without your knowledge
- It corrupts registry, blocks certain softwares and utilities
- Scans your computer without your request and always claims it has found viruses
- Displays a lot of warnings and alerts popping up on the screen
- Provokes you to buy its full version or activation code (which dose not work)
- Collects Personal user information which may include sensitive financial data such as logins, usernames, accounts
- It may bring further infections are direct the user to infectious sites
- Makes the computer run slow, uses a big part of system resources
Remove fake “Softango” manually:
Please note: Manual removal may cause damages to your system if you do any mistake. Use this method only if you understand what you are about to do.
Stop malicious process:
Open Task Manager and delete;
Remove Softango registry settings:
Open REGEDIT and find malicious keys and values.
Delete Softango files and folders:
Have you tried methods above but still malware not removed? Then try Restoring your computer to an earlier state.
Click Start menu > All Programs > System Tools > System Restore
Start menu > Backup and Recover > Recover System
Softango virus removal tool
Alternatively, you are advised to use the removal tool below to get rid of this malware infection.
Malware Bytes antimalware