The ExtraBoost virus is a harmful browser adware that can posses chrome, firefox etc and commands them to perform malicious tasks. First of all, the ExtraBoost malware will infiltrate into computer without your consent and then starts to record your web history and individual information. Soon after you will be seeing strange advertisements and unwanted promotional messages that popup on screen or they can be seen inside browser windows when you visit any website. For example, Ads by ExtraBoost appearing on ebay, Walmart or amazon are actually caused by a malicious extension stuck in your web browser. You are advised to uninstall that ExtraBoost application form your computer as soon as possible in order to block its malicious spam and keep it from violating your privacy.
What are Adware and Browser Hijackers?:
Adware is a corrupt software that automatically brings advertising material and displays it on screen in the form of pop-ups While A browser hijacker is a bad application that can alter your web browser’s settings. It can replace your web browser’s homepage and current or default search provider with a different (usually a harmful and suspicious website) without your permission.
For a better understanding of this malicious software, read What is an adware or a browser hijacker
ExtraBoost is it safe? does it give viruses or cause mutilation to the system?:
- YES! It causes fatal damages by placing its corrupt files which can changes DNS setup and weaken browser security
- It replaces homepage, reroutes websearch or links to wrong websites that are used for commercial and business purposes
- ExtraBoost may bring storm of unpleasant and yet harmful adverts that pop up on your PC
- It violates privacy, sniffs your personal information and reveals it to hackers
- Makes your computer run slower, decreases internet speed and causes frequent plugin crashes
- ExtraBoost can give you viruses by installing harmful applications from Internet without your permission
- It is so sticky thay it can hide itself deep into important system files and may keep your from removing it through Uninstall console
- It can connect to the a remote server using your Internet connection and then downloads malicious files, commands and other harmful objects
- By scrutinizing your activities, it can send details about your favorites and interests to spammers or online marketing agents
Manually remove ExtraBoost malware from your computer:
How to uninstall ExtraBoost.
Open Control Panel.
Then “Add or Remove Programs” or “PROGRAMS AND FEATURES”.
Find and remove.
Remove ExtraBoost from Internet Explorer:
Click “Tools” (if on Internet Explorer 9, click gear icon), Then “Manage Add-ons”. Look for ExtraBoost. Disable if found any.
Block ExtraBoost pop-ups
To stop pop-ups from malware,
Click on TOOLS > POP-UP BLOCKER, then click TURN ON POP-UP BLOCKER. and then go to POP-UP BLOCKER SETTINGS. (Type any website you wish to block popups from)
Remove ExtraBoost from Mozilla Firefox:
Go to “Tools” (at the top), > “Add-ons” > “Extensions” and disable “ExtraBoost”
Remove ExtraBoost from Google Chrome:
Click “Tools/Settings” (Wrench incon), > “Add-ons” > “Extensions” and disable any file associate with malware.
Still Spyware ExtraBoost lurking in the system? Try ultimate deletion:
Stop processes of this malware:
Open Task Manager to stop processes.
Remove associated registry settings:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
Delete ExtraBoost infected files:
Have you tried methods above but still malware not removed? Then try Restoring your computer to an earlier state.
Click Start menu > All Programs > System Tools > System Restore
Start menu > Backup and Recover > Recover System
ExtraBoost removal tool
Alternatively, you are advised to use the removal tool below to get rid of this malware infection.
Malware Bytes antimalware