The Free2You virus is actually a deceptive browser extension that works with google chrome, mozilla firefox or internet explorer etc. It is kind of a bad application designed by criminal to complete some harmful and unpleasant activities on infected PC. For instance, the Free2You malware will hijack your browser and then it will download commercial junk (SPAM) from internet, the received malicious data will start to popup on your screen in the form of advertisements. Besides that, Free2You ads may appear inside websites you open from your computer if it has been invaded. Aside from bringing unwanted and annoying ads, Free2You works as a sniffer that collects exclusive user information and uploads the stolen info to hackers. Therefore we strongly recommend you to uninstall Ads by Free2You malware and all of its components soon before its too late.
What are Adware and Browser Hijackers?:
Adware is a corrupt software that automatically brings advertising material and displays it on screen in the form of pop-ups While A browser hijacker is a bad application that can alter your web browser’s settings. It can replace your web browser’s homepage and current or default search provider with a different (usually a harmful and suspicious website) without your permission.
For a better understanding of this malicious software, read What is an adware or a browser hijacker
Free2You is it safe? does it give viruses or cause mutilation to the system?:
- YES! It causes fatal damages by placing its corrupt files which can changes DNS setup and weaken browser security
- It replaces homepage, reroutes websearch or links to wrong websites that are used for commercial and business purposes
- Free2You may bring storm of unpleasant and yet harmful adverts that pop up on your PC
- It violates privacy, sniffs your personal information and reveals it to hackers
- Makes your computer run slower, decreases internet speed and causes frequent plugin crashes
- Free2You can give you viruses by installing harmful applications from Internet without your permission
- It is so sticky thay it can hide itself deep into important system files and may keep your from removing it through Uninstall console
- It can connect to the a remote server using your Internet connection and then downloads malicious files, commands and other harmful objects
- By scrutinizing your activities, it can send details about your favorites and interests to spammers or online marketing agents
Manually remove Free2You malware from your computer:
How to uninstall Free2You.
Open Control Panel.
Then “Add or Remove Programs” or “PROGRAMS AND FEATURES”.
Find and remove.
Remove Free2You from Internet Explorer:
Click “Tools” (if on Internet Explorer 9, click gear icon), Then “Manage Add-ons”. Look for Free2You. Disable if found any.
Block Free2You pop-ups
To stop pop-ups from malware,
Click on TOOLS > POP-UP BLOCKER, then click TURN ON POP-UP BLOCKER. and then go to POP-UP BLOCKER SETTINGS. (Type any website you wish to block popups from)
Remove Free2You from Mozilla Firefox:
Go to “Tools” (at the top), > “Add-ons” > “Extensions” and disable “Free2You”
Remove Free2You from Google Chrome:
Click “Tools/Settings” (Wrench incon), > “Add-ons” > “Extensions” and disable any file associate with malware.
Still Spyware Free2You lurking in the system? Try ultimate deletion:
Stop processes of this malware:
Open Task Manager to stop processes.
Remove associated registry settings:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
Delete Free2You infected files:
Have you tried methods above but still malware not removed? Then try Restoring your computer to an earlier state.
Click Start menu > All Programs > System Tools > System Restore
Start menu > Backup and Recover > Recover System
Free2You removal tool
Alternatively, you are advised to use the removal tool below to get rid of this malware infection.
Malware Bytes antimalware