The CoupMeApp ads malware is a stubborn browser attachment that unexpectedly gets added to Google chrome, safari or internet explorer. At first it pretends to be a useful app that will provide you with free coupon codes and discount vouchers for online shopping to help you save money. But when it gets added, it does not help you save money, instead, the CoupMeApp malware will show paid commercial ads that are linked to its affiliate stores and websites. This trick will earn money for the creators of CoupMeApp malware while you will not get any benefit. Moreover, the CoupMeApp extension can record your browsing data, keywords and other personal information which is then sent to attackers for misuse. Inshort the CoupMeApp malware poses as a harmful threat must be removed as soon as possible in order to prevent further troubles.
What are Adware and Browser Hijackers?:
Adware is a corrupt software that automatically brings advertising material and displays it on screen in the form of pop-ups While A browser hijacker is a bad application that can alter your web browser’s settings. It can replace your web browser’s homepage and current or default search provider with a different (usually a harmful and suspicious website) without your permission.
For a better understanding of this malicious software, read What is an adware or a browser hijacker
CoupMeApp is it safe? does it give viruses or cause mutilation to the system?:
- YES! It causes fatal damages by placing its corrupt files which can changes DNS setup and weaken browser security
- It replaces homepage, reroutes websearch or links to wrong websites that are used for commercial and business purposes
- CoupMeApp may bring storm of unpleasant and yet harmful adverts that pop up on your PC
- It violates privacy, sniffs your personal information and reveals it to hackers
- Makes your computer run slower, decreases internet speed and causes frequent plugin crashes
- CoupMeApp can give you viruses by installing harmful applications from Internet without your permission
- It is so sticky thay it can hide itself deep into important system files and may keep your from removing it through Uninstall console
- It can connect to the a remote server using your Internet connection and then downloads malicious files, commands and other harmful objects
- By scrutinizing your activities, it can send details about your favorites and interests to spammers or online marketing agents
Manually remove CoupMeApp malware from your computer:
How to uninstall CoupMeApp.
Open Control Panel.
Then “Add or Remove Programs” or “PROGRAMS AND FEATURES”.
Find and remove.
Remove CoupMeApp from Internet Explorer:
Click “Tools” (if on Internet Explorer 9, click gear icon), Then “Manage Add-ons”. Look for CoupMeApp. Disable if found any.
Block CoupMeApp pop-ups
To stop pop-ups from malware,
Click on TOOLS > POP-UP BLOCKER, then click TURN ON POP-UP BLOCKER. and then go to POP-UP BLOCKER SETTINGS. (Type any website you wish to block popups from)
Remove CoupMeApp from Mozilla Firefox:
Go to “Tools” (at the top), > “Add-ons” > “Extensions” and disable “CoupMeApp”
Remove CoupMeApp from Google Chrome:
Click “Tools/Settings” (Wrench incon), > “Add-ons” > “Extensions” and disable any file associate with malware.
Still Spyware CoupMeApp lurking in the system? Try ultimate deletion:
Stop processes of this malware:
Open Task Manager to stop processes.
Remove associated registry settings:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
Delete CoupMeApp infected files:
Have you tried methods above but still malware not removed? Then try Restoring your computer to an earlier state.
Click Start menu > All Programs > System Tools > System Restore
Start menu > Backup and Recover > Recover System
CoupMeApp removal tool
Alternatively, you are advised to use the removal tool below to get rid of this malware infection.
Malware Bytes antimalware